The National Alliance on Mental Illness offers a free 90-minute seminar that informs people who have loved ones with a mental health condition how to best support them. It’s also an opportunity to meet other people in similar situations and gain community support. The seminar is led by trained people with lived experience of supporting a family member with a mental health condition. They will walk you through the following topics.
– Understanding diagnoses, treatment and recovery
– Effective communication strategies
– The importance of self-care
– Crisis preparation strategies
– NAMI and community resources
Website For More Information