The German tradition of the pickle hunt is on November 18 - January 1 downtown. 40+ pickle ornaments are hiding across downtown inside of businesses. Find 10 pickles to win a pickle ornament for your own tree and be entered into a drawing for a chances to win downtown gift cards and a Grand Prize Basket!
Pick up an official card at one of the 40+ participating businesses to play. Turn in your completed card into one of the following locations:
- German American Heritage Center (712 W. 2nd St.) Tuesday – Saturday 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., Sunday 12 – 4 p.m.
- Davenport Public Library (321 N. Main St.) Monday – Thursday 9 a.m. – 8 p.m., Friday & Saturday 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Looking for a hint? Find a pickle at these downtown locations:
- 392Caffe (502 W. 3rd St.)
- 4th St. Nutrition (207 W. 4th St.)
- Abernathy's (432 W. 3rd St.)
- Airbrushed Sunless (419 N. Brady St.)
- Allied Barber & Supply (224 W. 3rd St.)
- At the Stardust (218 Iowa St.)
- Blue Spruce Bakery & General Store (217 E. 2nd St.)
- Bootleg Hill Honey Meads (321 E. 2nd St.)
- Boozies Bar & Grill (114 W. 3rd St.)
- Cafe D'Marie (614 W. 5th St.)
- Cavort (229 Brady St.)
- Chill Ice Cream & Eats (421 W. River Dr.)
- Chocolate Manor (110 E. 2nd St.)
- Cookies & Dreams Pop Up Shop (221 E. 2nd St.)
- Current Hotel (215 N. Main)
- Davenport Public Library (321 N. Main St.)
- Daiquiri Factory (303 W. 3rd St.)
- Doodads (430 W. 3rd St.)
- Figge Art Museum Gift Shop (225 W. 2nd St.)
- Freight House Farmers Market (421 W. River Dr.)
- Front Street Brewery Taproom (421 W. River Dr.)
- Front Street Pub & Eatery (208 E. River Dr.)
- German American Heritage Center (712 W. 2nd St.)
- Golden Goat Barbers (228 W. 3rd St.)
- Hotel Blackhawk (200 E. 3rd St.)
- Isa Balloon Design & More (108 E. 2nd St.)
- Mac's Tavern (316 W. 3rd St.)
- Major Art & Hobby (201 E. 2nd St.)
- Me & Billy (200 W. 3rd St.)
- Mississippi River Distilling Company (318 E. 2nd St.)
- Oh So Sweet (314 Main St.)
- Polished Hair Lounge (735 Federal St.)
- RAW (136 E. 2nd St.)
- Raygun (210 E. 2nd St.)
- Rubys Beers, Bikes, Brats (429 E. 3rd St.)
- Salon Static (205 E. 2nd St.)
- Source Bookstore (232 W. 3rd St.)
- Stompbox Brewing (210 E. River Dr.)
- The Half Nelson (321 E. 2nd St.)
- The Vault Beauty Lounge and Urban Retreat (229 Brady St.)
- The Visitors Center @ Union Station (120 S. Harrison St.)
- Theo & Co. (219 E. 2nd St.)
- Zeke's Island Café (131 W. 2nd St.)
In Rock Island, it's the Holiday Train Hunt!
Find the holiday train Nov. 18 – Jan. 1. 40+ custom, locally crafted train ornaments are hiding inside downtown businesses. Find 10, win a prize and be entered for a chance to win gift cards to downtown businesses and a Grand Prize Basket! Presented by: Crawford Company | Decoration sponsor: Jackson Autobody & Custom Paint Pick up an official card at one of the 40+ participating businesses to play. Turn in your completed card at one of the following locations to collect your prize:
- Rock Island Public Library (401 19th Street) Monday – Friday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Quad City Arts (1715 2nd Avenue) Monday – Friday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., Saturday 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Quad City Botanical Center (2525 4th Avenue) Nov. 18 – Dec. 11: Wednesday – Sunday 5-9 p.m., Dec. 14 – Jan. 1: Daily 5-9 p.m.
Once again, the Downtown Bettendorf Organization is excited to partner with the Downtown Bettendorf Business Women for our first annual Hunt for the I-74 Bridge Ornament (Pictured Below). Starting tomorrow Saturday 11-19-2022, the DBO will tag a DT Bettendorf Biz and give some clues on where you might find the ornament hiding. We simply ask you to tag the business where you found the ornament, the Downtown Bettendorf Organization, and share on Facebook and the ornament is yours..
This is a great opportunity to discover your new favorite DT Bett Biz and get some holiday shopping done all while having some fun in DT Bettendorf. Make sure to check our page daily to find out where the next hiding spot is. Happy Hunting!