We might be too old to go trick-or-treating, but Halloween fun isn’t just for kids. And when you sit down with your treat stash, you may want a grown-up beverage to enjoy with it. So here are some perfect beer pairings to go with your favorite Halloween candy.
- 3 Musketeers and Oatmeal Stout - The coffee notes in this beer pair well with the fluffy chocolate in this candy bar. Some recommend freezing the 3 Musketeers first for the ultimate treat.
- Cadbury Screme Eggs and Bock - These neon eggs are over the top sweet, which works well with a rich and toasty bock.
- Candy corn and Cream Ale - These classic Halloween candies are high in sugar, so you want a light beer to enjoy with them. A low-hopped American cream ale works well with those sweet candies.
- Kit Kats and Dunkel - This German beer has a caramel-toffee flavor that goes well with a Kit Kat.
- Peeps and Pumpkin Ale - Peeps don’t taste like much except sweetness, so they’re the perfect blank slate for the spices in a pumpkin ale.
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Oktoberfest - An Oktoberfest lager will help bring out the saltiness of your peanut butter cups.
- Skittles and Dubbel - This aromatic Belgian beer is a good match for the fruitiness of Skittles.
- Snickers and Brown Ale - Nothing tastes as good with a peanut-packed Snickers as a nutty brown ale.
- Twix and Hefeweizen - The caramel and shortbread in a Twix bar is an ideal match for this unfiltered beer.
Source: The Kitchn