It’s still the first week of December, but we’re already enjoying all the sweets the season has to offer. You might not think of Christmas as a big candy holiday, but the National Confectionary Association estimates consumers will spend $1.93-billion on candy during the holiday season.
And since you want to be stuffing the right candy in those stockings, CandyStore.com was kind enough to create a list for us of the most popular holiday candy in each state, based on a survey of 50,000 customers. Here are some of the favorites:
- Alabama - Reindeer corn. The lesser-known version of its Halloween counterpart.
- California - Peppermint bark
- Colorado - Hershey’s Kisses
- Connecticut - M&M’s
- Florida - Skittles. Seriously, Florida? That’s not even a Christmas candy!
- Georgia - Candy canes
- Hawaii - Starburst
- Illinois - Jolly Ranchers. Another non-holiday choice.
- Iowa- M&M's. Come on really?!?
- New Jersey - Reese’s Minis
- New York - Skittles. Who knew these were so popular at Christmas?
- North Carolina - Pez
- Pennsylvania - Candy canes