It’s almost summer and that means warm weather, fun in the sun and water, and of course, bathing suit season. You can always rock your classic black one-piece, but these are the trends the stylish set will be wearing poolside or at the beach this year.
- Lace-up details - Even if it doesn’t actually adjust, a lattice of string adds sass to a swimsuit.
- Knots - You’ll see them on the shoulder, right down the middle, or on the sides, and these thick ties are a lot more practical than old school string bikini ties.
- Solid Earth tones - Look for rusty red, shimmering bronze, and burnt orange bathing suits this summer. And these shades also make your skin look even more tan and glowy.
- Velvet - This fabric used to be for cold-weather garments only, but now designers have made velvet beach appropriate. You can get it wet and everything.
- Sporty and ‘80s-inspired - Bright colors, thick color-blocking, racer-back cuts, and zippers will give you 80s flashbacks or help you channel your inner “Baywatch” babe.
- High-cut legs - Don’t have mile-long gams like Gisele? They say these high-cut styles help you fake them and slim hips, too.
- High-waisted bottoms - Those not trying to show off as much skin as possible in a swimsuit will be happy to know that this universally-flattering style made its way back from last summer. Long live high-waisted bottoms!