When there’s a bunch of beautiful people all over the Internet trying to tell you about their beauty tips and tricks that really work, you’re inclined to believe them. Whether it’s the charcoal teeth whitener or putting apple cider vinegar in your hair, there are all kinds of DIY hacks you can use for your daily routine.
But there are some of these things that might actually be bad for you. Here are just a few:
- Using coconut oil on your face – You might just be asking for clogged pores.
- Getting rid of dead skin with lemon or lime – They’re too acidic to be putting all over your face. Don’t do it.
- Exfoliating with sugar, salt, or baking soda – This could all be too harsh on sensitive skin.
- Toothpaste for pimples – This will dry you out like you wouldn’t believe, and will make the area more irritated than anything.
- Putting egg whites on your face – It’s a skin tightening trick that could give you Salmonella. So if you’re into that sort of thing, by all means.
- Toning with rubbing alcohol – This will SERIOUSLY dry you out. Don’t even think about it.
- Setting your makeup with hairspray – It will only lead to irritation, dryness, and flaking. No good!
Stay away from some of these quick fixes. They might work in the moment, but it’s really hard to use these products without harming your skin to some extent. And who wants to ruin that beautiful mug of yours?