There are tons of people out there who love shopping at warehouse stores, specifically Costco, but while you may think you’re getting a good deal, there are always ways you could be doing better while shopping. And with Costco coming to the QCA soon, some former Costco employees want to help us out.
Business Insider talked to a bunch of Costco employees, who shared their tips on how to make the most of your shopping experience, so you’ll want to keep them in mind the next time you’re headed to the store.
Tips for a better Costco experience include:
- Buy Kirkland - Costco’s private label brand is usually the same product as the name brand, but for much cheaper.
- Don’t hesitate – If you see something you really like, buy it, because it may not necessarily be there the next time you return, especially if it’s a seasonal item.
- Spring for the executive membership – Yes it costs $120 a year, as opposed to the regular $60 a year membership, but executive members get an annual 2% reward on up to $1,000 on purchases.
- Avoid the stores on weekends – Weekends are nuts, employees suggest shopping Tuesday, when “it’s a ghost town.” Also, they suggest shopping before rush hour, since a lot of people shop after work.
- Don’t shop on an empty stomach – You’ll wind up spending more money than you planned on the food court or other packaged goodies.
- Don’t leave money on the table – You should always shop with your Costco Visa card so you can get your cash-back rewards.
Source: Business Insider